Friday, December 7, 2007

New Book I Really Want!


I just found out about this book from my dear friend and fellow paper filigree artist (among other talented endeavors) Tracy Belair Gaito.

This latest offering from Jenn Mason is not another idea book but discusses design elements and principles and how they interact. I have been wanting to study basic design for some time, and actually began a targeted workshop-type series of articles in collaboration with Tracy, but we didn't get very far into the concept. I was 'learning as I go" and the design info came mainly from Tracy - I was mostly the word-smith.

Because I am 'intuitive' with my designs, I don't really understand WHY something does or doesn't work...I just fiddle with my paper filigree compositions until they seem 'right'. How lovely to actually LEARN the hows and whys, and maybe speed up the designing process for my paper filigree work!

Needless to say, I have pre-ordered this from Amazon. I am not sure when it will be out, but tomorrow isn't soon enough! (photo courtesy of Amazon)

1 comment:

Custom Quilling Supplies said...

Paula,
I have this book on pre-order for Custom Quilling Supplies!
Along with a few other new releases due out in mid spring.
Can't wait for them to come!
Denise