I'm back - I think.
A prolonged recovery from a dislocated right shoulder, the continual rain/snow/gray days, and painful memories linked to this time of year managed to sink me into a major 'funk'. But I am making an effort to regain my stride and am feeling more cheered today, despite the white stuff falling furiously outside my window. Where or where IS spring anyway....or at least some sunshine!!
I just received a recent purchase of some fab papers from a simply lovely Etsy seller, whom I sense is (in the words of Anne Shirley of Green Gables fame -- a fav heroine of all 5 females in this family) 'a kindred spirit.' Here's a shout-out to Damsel Designs!
Another reason for my buoyed spirits was several recent orders of patterns, with accompanying compliments about my designs (always lovely to hear) along with a request to purchase my monthly class project kits. I hadn't even considered offering a project kit, but I would love to do so! But what I am needing to know is if there is widespread interest in this, and also to determine interest level in past classes. Please post a comment and let me know if you would be interested in:
- a monthly kit including specific supplies needed (estimate $10-15 depending on project supplies, and would not include basic quilling tools, glue, scissors, etc.)
- simply receiving the class Handouts (via email) and supplying your own materials. I usually write 2-4 pages with instructions, photos, tips and variation ideas. (Estimate $4 depending on number of pages/photos)
- a DVD showing all or relevant portions of the class - not sure how involved this will be so am unsure of a cost-- tentative estimate of $15/class, depending on costs of blank DVD's, editing time and time required to burn them). My classes are 2 hours long, but some of that time is spent circulating around offering specific assistance/encouragement while the ladies work.
- If there are any past classes you would be interested in. They include:
- September: Variations on A Spiral Theme - 3 cards
- October: Christmas Triangle Trifold card (technique by Beate Jones at SCS) & gift tags
- November: Snowflakes
- January: Altered Bandaid tin with Folded roses
- February: Fringed flowers
Thanks in advance for your feedback, and I've noticed a few new subscribers....Welcome! Don't be afraid to say hi and introduce yourselves. Bloggers love to hear from their visitors - it helps motivate us to keep posting!