Wednesday, May 28, 2008

overheard at the dinner table on Monday

Favorite Son: I am not eating these tough, chewy sausage casings.

Forbearing Mother: That's fine, son.

[turns to hubby]

Adoring Wife: Honey, do you think the chickens would find the sausage casings digestible?

Hubby: [pausing between bites] I don't care what they find digestible, as long as they keep pooping out eggs!

[prolonged pause in conversation]

Young Daughter [disbelieving voice]: What did Daddy just say!??

*********************

Yes, we just acquired a dozen laying hens...oh the joy of fresh eggs!

2 comments:

life in red shoes said...

I'm so jealous! I dream of having chickens.

Paula B. said...

Wish you could enjoy your dream, Red Shoes. I love watching my flock scratching about the pasture. My previous flock was killed off by raccoons with very voracious appetites. I'm hoping we have trapped the marauders now, so my hens will be safe.