Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All we need is love...

...blog love, that is!

You were introduced to artist Diana Moses Botkin in my previous post. Is is necessary to proclaim that I am a fan?

"Prince of Peace" ©1983 Diana Moses Botkin - Used by permission
(this is a low-res image - visit her site for a better representation)

I purchased a number of "Prince of Peace". (Shhhh - I plan to add mats with a delicate gilded or silvered paper filigree border - or possibly white papers with a black edge - and then frame them for Christmas gifts - for next year, of course. In the past I would have killed myself trying to get them done for this Christmas, but I am slowly wising up!)

Anyway, I just found out her special was extended to December 19th on prints in the "Renaissance" series -- buy 2 get 1 free with free shipping for orders of $50 plus, but Christmas delivery is no longer guaranteed.

If you haven't popped over to her website or blog to see her work, I hope you will do so soon! I especially encourage you to look at "My Father's Business" -- she has infused layers of meaning into this piece (hint: look closely at the shadow - I missed it the first time!) Isn't it an effective device to convey such deep meaning? I'd love to hear what you think.

2 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Paula; Oh my what a beautiful work of art, She sure has a great talent the Lord blessed her with. I will make a stop to look at her work.

Have a great week.

hugs;
Alaura

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Paula, what beautiful art work. Thanks for sharing with us.

Happy holidays to everyone in your neck of the woods.

Ruth